Data Protection Regulation: We’ve listed 7 changes to be aware of to abide by it.
- More stringent requirements with regard to the information to be given to the data subjects
- The requirement for accountability
- Data processors can in some cases be held liable
- Privacy by design/by default
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- More stringent requirements regarding IT security and safeguarding the data
- Transfer of data to third countries (i.e. any country outside the EU and EEA countries)
In aPureBase we take data privacy and protection of personal data very seriously. We have already had a group of employees educated in the new EU data protection regulation and we have started working on a plan to secure that we comply with the new legislation when it comes into force on 25th May 2018. Some of our focus areas are accountability, the more stringent requirements when informing the data subjects, the use of data processors, IT security and transfer to third countries.
For more information, please contact Helene Hostrup Nielsen, Corporate Legal: email@example.com